October 18, 1997
March 30, 1998
A Wingkit World
School E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Home E-Mail: email@example.com
Princeton University: Princeton, New Jersey
Bishop Amat Memorial High School: La Puente, California
Minority Affairs Adviser: Rockefeller College, Princeton Univeristy
- Graduation: May 1996
- Class Salutatorian
- Grade-Point Average: 4.22/4.0
- August 1998-June 1999
- Advise freshman on various issues, especially those of race and ethnicity.
- Organize activities such as discussion tables and field trips.
Research Assitant: University of Southern California Department of Sociology
- Summer 1998
- Worked with Professor Edward Park researching a labor union in Los Angeles
- Searched for newspaper articles and conducted interviews.
Fundraising: Chicano Caucus
- Treasurer 1998-1999
- Member of funding committee for Chicano Graduation. Helped raise over $2,000.
- Led campaign to receive funding from local businesses for Thanksgiving celebration.
Alcon: Calibration Department
- June 1997-August 1997
- Restructured standard operation procedures.
- Edited Calibration Department Database.
- Regulated daily operations.
Princeton University Student Dining Services: Student Captain
- September 1996-Present
- Directed other dining workers.
- Ranked among the top ten employees.
Ballet Folklórico de Princeton: President
- Organize rehearsals and performances.
- Maintain communication with student government.
- Help manage group funds.
Princeton University Admissions Office: Student Volunteer
- Helped organize programs for prospective minority students.
- Visited high schools to recruit prospective students.
- Led information sessions on Princeton admission policies.
Princeton One-on-One: Mentor
- Mentored first-grade girl who recently emigrated from Mexico.
- Tutored English as a Second Language.
Princeton Tiger Battalion: Army ROTC Cadet
- Received Special Honor for Participation in Color Guard.
- Received two Coins of Honor for Performance as Platoon Radio Transmission Operator.
Habitat for Humanity: Student Volunteer, Urban Action Program
- Helped renovate two houses for underprivileged families.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.